A Reference HandbookBook - 2015
While covering the fascinating history of wind power as a whole, this timely handbook focuses on current technological developments and the promise--and pitfalls--of wind energy as part of the world's energy future.
* Serves as a comprehensive introduction to the topic and a guide for further study
* Features expert essays on issues and controversies related to the use of wind energy
* Covers the dangers wind power poses to wildlife as well as its impacts on communities' economic development
* Profiles key individuals and organizations in the field
* Includes statistical information on the production and consumption of wind energy in the United States and around the world